A journey : The International Electronics Symposium (IES) 2016 in Bali – September 29-30, 2016
- Nov, 04, 2016
- Algoritma Metaheuristik, All Posts, Artificial Intelligent, Data Mining and Machine Learning, Intelligent Computing and Application, Journey
- No Comments
Can you imagine things when you get notices that your paper was accepted in the conferences ?
OK, i will tell you about my experience in step by step, how to prepare start from write some papers, get notices and until presentation. In this post, the IES conferences held in Bali by Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya (PENS).
- Do you know IES ? IES is International Electronics Symposium, an annual event presents by Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya which is often collaborate with some Japan universities such as Keio University, Toyohashi University, Okayama University, even NAIST (Nara Institute of science and technology) and Pusan University.
- I am student from Department of Information and Computer Engineering, Graduate Program of Engineering Technology, Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya. My first experience to present the research in the International Conferences. The author can get the notices the paper will be accepted or rejected in EDAS Website (edas.info). Alhamdulillah, My first paper accepted which it assesment by three reviewers.
- After I revised my paper, then time to conference is it near. Road trip by bus Surabaya to Bali, it taken 9 hours. Remember me, I arrived in Ketapang Harbor, Banyuwangi taken 7 hours from Surabaya.
- After I arrived in Gilimanuk Harbor,Bali, I continued to Solaris Hotel
- On September 29, 2016, It is start to attended the International Conferences in Patra Jasa Bali Resort and Villas, but I would like to present the paper on September 30, 2016.
- In the conferences, I am not forget to take photo as documentation activity.
- The parallel session
- On September 30, 2016. After I prayed Jumu’ah friday, It is time to present my papers in front of the other presenter at 02.00 pm in Room 2 (Parallel Session 2). First, i copied my file presentation to the moderator : Dr.Shiori Sasaki. There are four presenters would be presented the paper after me. I would like to present about ‘Ant Colony Algorithm for Feature Selection on Microarray Datasets’ in under my supervisor (Dr. Iwan Syarif and Dr. Ali Ridho Barakbah).
- In Answer and Question of my presentation, there are three questions from the participant and other presenter.
- a. Question 1 : From Irene Erlyn Wina R, who is she ? Yes, she is my seniors who is the PhD students in Keio University. She asked about how the parameter optimization that used in Ant Colony Algorithm of this research.
- My answer : The parameter optimization can used in Ant Colony Algorithm is related with the number of ants, the number of max generation, and heuristic Evaluator using Fuzzy Rough Subset Evaluator which it is influence the selected subset feature and consuming time in microarray dataset.
- b.Question 2 : From Dr.Shiori Sasaki, She is also from Keio University, who is Project Associate Professor, Graduate School of Media and Governance, Keio University, Japan. She asked about What the contribution of this research.
- My answer : Microarray dataset is popular research in the world, and there are some universities collaborates with hospital/medical laboratory to produce the dataset. But, there are barriers the research which I have not the instrument to support tools such as glass, silicon chips or nylon membranes. Therefore,This paper is our basic experiment to introduce about microarray and several algorithm to solve them. We no need to wait the support tools will come before, but we can use the benchmark data which it is available in official website about microarray dataset. Because, the advance research, begin from basic research.
- c.Question 3 : I’m not remember his name, because i’m not really heard his speech. But, i feel he is not come from Indonesia. He was only given me suggestion and recommendation to the next research on coral, because he interested with my research in microarray dataset.
- After the all parallel sessions finished, then we have free time.
- I prepared for went back to Surabaya, but took time to buy souvenirs in Krisna, Bali before.
- Seminar kits and sertificate
498 total views, 1 views today
- Protected: Day-6 Fisher’s Discriminant Ratio Theory and Essential Math (Feature Selection)
- Protected: Day-6 Data Manipulation Menggunakan Hive
- Protected: Day-5 Information Gain Theory and Essential Math (Feature Selection)
- Protected: Day-5 Oracle XQuery Transformation Pada Hadoop Function
- Protected: Day-4 Outlier Detection